Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy, Happy Birthday Olivia Dear!

Sara and Josh and family,

Olivia was so excited to have her birthday today.  She started out the day with a trip to a local restaurant with us (and Natalya tagged along, too) for breakfast.  Robby suggested the place because they have something called Olivia's Hot Chocolate on the menu.  So she got hot chocolate and the biggest piece of french toast I have ever seen!  Needless to say, she couldn't finish the french toast by herself, so her baby sister helped her eat it.  While at the restaurant we had fun giving her a quiz.  So here's what Olivia told us about herself...

What's your favorite color?  Yellow
What's your favorite animal?  Giraffe
What's your favorite place to visit?  This place (the restaurant we were at for breakfast)
When you grow up what do you want to be?  A Mommy!  ("You should know that, Mommy!")
How many kids do you think you will have? 4 like us
What will their names be?  "Natalya, and I don't know the rest"
What's your favorite food?  French Toast (that's what she had just ordered)
What's your favorite movie?  Cinderella
What's your favorite board game?  GuloGulo
What's your favorite activity?  Playing school with Jenna

More about Olivia... She just became a Sunbeam!  She was so excited to move into Primary after being in Nursery for 2 1/2 years.  Of course the advantage to a January birthday is that now she will be the first one in her class to do things -- baptism and move on to Young Women.  Something interesting that I heard yesterday from the Primary Chorister at church was that last Sunday the Primary was reviewing a song that they learned last year.  At first she asked if anyone remembered the song Stand for the Right.  They all sat in silence, and she was surprised no one knew the song, then from the front corner of the room she heard a quiet little voice singing "be true, be true and stand for the right."  She looked in that direction and saw it was Olivia.  "Olivia!"  She exclaimed, "Was that you?"  Olivia nodded yes.  "You weren't even in Primary last year!  How did you know that?!"  

I don't think Olivia explained, but Jenna teaches Olivia everything she knows.  They play school and primary all the time.  In fact, I have a laptop stand in my room that is about the right height for a mini podium, and Olivia often conducts imaginary Primary from it.  I have to admit that I am impressed how well she knows how to conduct a meeting.  If you are in the room, you have to be forewarned that she will likely call on you to say the prayer.

She is often a funny little girl.  For instance, recently she decided that she liked sleeping on the floor better than sleeping in her bed.  I can't quite figure it out, but she said to me, "I don't know, I just like it better."  Okay.  I'm curious to see how long this will last. 

While she still hasn't grown a lot of hair, we have had it trimmed twice.  There are areas that are growing and areas that are not so much.  I've wondered how long it will take, but then I look back at old pictures from a couple years ago and realize she really does have a lot more hair than she did then.  Some people think I just keep it cut that way.  

As always she and Jenna are the best of friends.  It is all too frequent that we are having to tell them to be quiet and go to bed because peels of giggles are coming forth much much too late at night.  Now that Natalya is just getting old enough to join in the fun I am curious to see how their personalities develop.  Olivia is the quieter of Jenna and Olivia, but she does know how to assert herself when she feels the need.   

We hope all is well with you.  It was so great to hear from you recently, and we are truly thrilled with the news you shared.  We have been thinking about you a lot today, and wish that you have looked back on the last few years with peace and happiness.  Olivia is truly a blessing to our family, and we couldn't imagine life without her.  Thank you for trusting us to be her parents four years ago.  As always we hope you enjoy this look back at her last year... 


With love,
Sharon and Robby

P.S.  These and more pictures are available on our Picasa Web Account here.

No comments: