This has definitely been a day of reflection for us. We have thought back over the last two years with little Olivia and how far she has come, and most especially where it all started. Sometimes I wish I had the moment that our caseworker called to tell us about you both and Olivia recorded on tape. The joy and hope that grew from that moment until we had the chance to meet you both in person was indescribable. And since that time our joy continues to grow with each new day that we have with Olivia. She is a our little sweetie!
I am beginning to realize more and more that she is not a baby anymore (despite her short hair). Lately she has been trying to live in two roles - big girl when it's convienient and baby girl when that works to her advantage. She want to be able to have the privileges of the the "big girl" while still being able to snuggle up in a lap like a baby or be carried somewhere. I must admit that I'm not ready to let go of her being a baby yet. Yes, she will always be my baby (and yours as well), but I still immensely enjoy the little one who needs her mommy still.
We wanted to share with you a couple of things for Olivia's birthday. First is a glimpse of how her morning began today, and second a special video to share the special moments of the last year.
As recorded by Robby this morning:
A few minutes ago I watched as you awoke to your second birthday. As you sat up in bed you looked a little like a buttercup seedling emerging from the ground to see its first sunshine. You stretched and then swayed back and forth, never taking your eyes off me except when they were closed—which was just long enough I thought you might fall over and commit yourself once more to slumber. After watching you stretch for a good minute, I walked from the door over to your bedside and we gave each other a good morning hug. I hope to always remember these sweet moments of your childhood.
As prepared by Sharon today (click on the picture):
Sara and Josh, please know that you have been in our minds this day, and our love and gratitude for your selflessness will be forever etched in our hearts. We look forward to what the future holds for our little Olivia - a future we wouldn't have without you both. Thank you.
Love,
Sharon and Robby
No comments:
Post a Comment