Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello again!

It's been a while since I posted. I didn't realize how long until just tonight. I wanted to share with you some recent pics of Olivia. The first is a family picture that was taken this past weekend by a good friend of mine. She inspired me to try some new things with my camera, so I took Olivia in the backyard today and snapped a few shots.




We are pretty well settled in Ames now. We all love it here! Olivia especially loves the swings in the backyard. She rides on them on her belly. It's funny because Jenna will push Olivia on the swing to get her going, and then run and jump on a swing herself. I even saw Jenna give Olivia an "underdoggie!" (I asked her not to do it again because she really got Olivia flying on the swing, but I was certainly surprised to see her do it!)


Olivia has been trying to talk a lot more. Recently I have heard her say "Robby," "apple," "more," "clock," "juice," "cracker," and of course, "Mama" and "Dada." I think she has said, "Jenna," too. She's not completely clear in what she says yet, but in context you can understand a lot. She is very pleased when she says something and we understand her.


I felt bad because not to long after we took the backyard pictures today, Olivia fell on the sidewalk and scrapped up her nose and forehead. Poor girl! Her little body just gets going faster than her little legs can carry her and down she goes. She can run and will run especially if you are trying to get her to go home -- she'll run the other way and giggle!


She has become very possessive of my lap lately, and doesn't want to share it with anyone, especially Jenna! This was a bit of a problem yesterday at church because Robby is out of town on business, and Jenna and Olivia wanted my lap at the same time, and neither wanted to share. It made for a very noisy pew.


Speaking of church, I was surprised with my first calling here. I am the ward young women president! I totally didn't see that one coming, but I am excited to serve. The girls in our ward are wonderful! I am behind on updating the blog because I was getting settled and now I am trying to get up to speed with my new calling.
I just want you both to know I (and we) are thinking about you! We love you and are grateful for each precious moment with Olivia. She is a sweetie!

No comments: