When we got up this morning, I was doing my usual snuggling on the couch with Jenna and Olivia. Well rather, I was trying to cuddle Olivia as she was on the run (or crawl). There were a few books left on the couch from last night, and Olivia was more interested in checking out the books than sitting in one place. So off she squirmed to grab each book. Her desire was not to turn pages, but instead to taste test the covers. She is definitely at the stage where everything, and I mean everything goes in her mouth (like right now she is trying to chew on the edge of the desk while I type, and she doesn't like it when I try to distract her from her chewing.) Anyhow, as she picked each book on the couch up to taste test I took it away gently and laid it on the other side of me. She was undetered and would pick up the next book to try that one. Finally on the last book I decided to try a new tactic and put my finger in the way so that she started chewing on my finger instead of the book. As she clamped down with her little jaws I felt something new and bumpy on her gums. It was Olivia's first tooth peaking through!
I have been wondering when this tooth would come! I tried to invesigate more to see if I could detect her other bottom tooth, but Olivia is definitely not interested in allowing me to poke my fingers in her mouth, let alone open up for me to see her gums. So, I haven't even seen her first pearly white, I've only felt it's bumpy edge pinch on my finger. It won't be long before we will be looking at some cute toothy Olivia grins!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment