Hello! It has been a while since I posted here. I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas! Today has been quite a lovely Christmas for us. Our big present this year came on December 21st when we added a new baby sister to the family! We were excited to adopt our foster daughter, Natalya who is now 17 months old. We will be taking her to the temple this Friday for her sealing. All of us feel extremely blessed to have Natalya join the family. Olivia has been praying ever since Natalya came that she might join our family.
I don't know about you, but we were up till 2:30a getting Christmas ready. Christmas snuck up on us this year. Actually Santa delivered a giant doll house for the girls that had to be assembled late last night after bedtime. Jenna and Olivia had been talking about wanting a doll house for months. This morning when they got up about 6:50a Olivia and Jenna went down to the tree (on the main floor) to inspect the gifts. They were so quiet that I was afraid they were inspecting a little to closely, so I tip toed down and peeked around the corner. They were examining each package to see if it was big enough to be a doll house (little did they know that the doll house was in the basement because it wouldn't have easily fit down the stairs after it was assembled). By the time Robby and I got up and gathered the family, Olivia looked pretty disappointed and Jenna was in tears because they didn't think any of the packages could be the right size for a doll house. They were certain that Santa had forgotten it. I comforted them and told them they needed to wait and see. I must admit that they were quite patient through breakfast and church time (Olivia had to stay home because she had a bit of a temperature, although she was acting like she felt okay). By the time all the gifts under the tree had been unwrapped I was certain they were going to be sad that there was no doll house there, but they took it really well. I wish I could share their amazement when we took them down to the basement to see what was waiting there for them. There was jumping up and down and shouting with excitement. This is definitely the magic of being a parent at Christmas. It was awesome!
I want you to know we are thinking of all of you today (Sara, Josh, and your families) as we enjoy time with Olivia. She is one awesome little girl, and we love learning more and more about the wonderful things she can do. We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sharon and Robby


No comments:
Post a Comment