Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Sara,

I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you all day.  Olivia eagerly recorded a video message for you, but our new camera uses a new format style for the videos, and I can't seem to get it to work with our video editing software.  It crashed on me several times.  So, a valiant effort was made.  I'm sorry it didn't work out.  I think what this means is that we need to upgrade our computer, too.

But that's not why I am posting right now.  I want you to know that my gratitude for you and your decision never fades.  Six months ago I got a new calling (in addition to YW Pres.), and I am now the Stake LDSFS Representative.  One of my responsibilities is to give 5th Sunday LDSFS presentations to all the units in the stake.  I just recently gave my first presentation.  I was SO nervous!  Much of what I speak about is adoption and the services provided to birth mothers and adoptive parents.  As I shared my experiences with both you and Jenna's birth parents, my testimony of the power of the Lord's hand in all of our lives grew.  I was grateful for the opportunity to share with the members of this branch how much I love you.  You have placed such faith in me as a mother.  Sometimes when I am not the mom I know I need to be I think of you and the trust you have for me.  It does give me strength to do better.  I feel a responsibility to improve each day because of my memory of you.  I am definitely a work in progress.


Olivia is a little sweetheart.  I love to hear her little voice talking to me.  She has such a soft, gentle voice.  She is extremely affectionate, and loves to snuggle.  I think those moments snuggled up to her are the best!  These are cherished moments, and I am thankful to you that I get to enjoy them.  I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day!

Love,
Sharon

1 comment:

Janice said...

Just wanted to let you know that we have always appreciated your blog about Olivia and your family Steve and Janice