A few days ago, Olivia passed her fifth month birthday as I know you are aware. I love this age with babies. They are discovering how their bodies can move and their little personalities start to show more. Olivia is a pretty patient little one (except when we are talking about food... then I can't move fast enough in preparing her bottle). She has been learning that her big sister can be a source of entertainment or attack. Jenna thinks that Olivia should be old enough to horse play with her, so I have to watch carefully so that Jenna doesn't over do it. I must say though that Olivia is very patient with her. I think Olivia wants to play with Jenna just as bad as Jenna wants to play with Olivia.
More and more often the peels of laughter that come from Olivia occur when she is watching Jenna be a clown. Li'l Robby on the other hand is Olivia's gentle giant. He loves to hold her and cuddle her and he has a way of getting her to "talk" (or rather coo) with him. He has been taking a nurturing roll more often these days. In fact, he even changed her diaper one day when I didn't know and it was not a nice one! (That's impressive for Li'l Robby!)
Olivia has arrived at one of those baby stages that can be very frustrating for her at times. She realizes that if she could figure out the coordination that her body can actually go places, but she doesn't know how yet. I can see it in her eyes when she wants to go somewhere because she flops her little legs and pushes up with her little arms while whining that she can't move. She's not helped by the fact that I think she is cute when she is pleading to "go!" It will be soon enough when she can actually go by scooting, crawling, and eventually walking, and right now I am reminded that it all goes by so fast, so I kind of wish I could freeze time and enjoy the moment.
Let me share with you some recent photos...
I wanted to include this photo of us and our caseworker here in Arizona. His name is Larry, and he is retiring later this month. This was taken at his retirement party. Larry is the one that called us to let us know about both of our girls. With Olivia's call, I remember just about losing it on the phone. I was fighting to keep my composure as he was telling me about both of you and what little he knew about Olivia. When we got off the phone, I cried with extreme joy for the news, and then had to compose myself again so that we could call Connie and talk with both of you. The emotions were very high that night. Although we did not fully know what would unfold that night, I am very grateful now when we reflect back.
And here is Olivia with Daddy at the airport on our recent trip to Indiana. She was a great little traveler.
" Mmmm... Yummy finger, Daddy!"
Olivia was happy on the flight as long as we made sure the bottle was always handy.
And lastly, this video clip is a collection of moments from the last several weeks. It's not extremely exciting, but I thought you might enjoy getting a glimpse at Olivia.
No comments:
Post a Comment