Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Olivia is three months old!

Hello! I have been trying to get a moment to sit down and make a three month post since yesterday. I would have had this posted last Friday, but we were in Oregon for Robby's brother's wedding. So, Olivia's exciting three month old news is that she got to take her first plane ride last Wednesday, and she was a great little traveler (She slept on all of our flights)! We had a fabulous time gathering with Robby's family for the first time since Olivia's arrival. Everyone adored her and Grandma and Grandpa were especially excited to meet their newest grandbaby. Olivia also got to meet all six and a half of her cousins from Robby's family (There is a baby girl cousin due the middle of May). We got back late Sunday night and then yesterday my brother David and his wife and their two boys arrived for a short visit on their way home to Texas from visiting the Grand Canyon. We had a fun time going out to dinner with them and then spending time relaxing and chatting last night and this morning.

As you can see we have been particularly busy the last week, but it has all been so enjoyable. Let me share with you a few of Olivia's pics from the trip and my brother's visit.

Our family actually stayed in a place in Northern California, just across the border into Oregon and we were really close to the Redwoods. Tommy (Robby's brother) took the family there to see the amazing trees. It was a lot cooler in the grove so Olivia stayed bundled up asleep in her carseat most of the time all until right before we left. When she woke I thought she was so cute peeking out from her blanket bundle.

Robby's mom was so happy to finally meet little Olivia. This picture was taken at the wedding reception.

Right before we were going to say our good-byes I asked Grandpa if I could get a picture of him with Olivia. I guess Olivia was not ready to say good-bye yet!

I took this picture today. This is Olivia and her newest cousin (my brother David's son) Hadley. They are two months apart in age. Looking at this picture it is amazing to me how much babies grow in those first few months.

Here we have Olivia with Uncle David. We were so glad to get a chance to see them and their newest baby. I have more pictures to post from both the trip and the visit with Uncle David and Aunt Charlene. Watch the family blog to read more about what we saw and did.

Now we can't forget our monthly picture with Olivia's teddy bear!

Smiley Olivia and her friend the bear!

And lastly, here's our happy Olivia!

Some Olivia facts:

  • She is a great traveler! We were really surprised because on the planes (2 there and 2 back) she fell asleep each time as we were taking off and slept almost completely through the flights. And through the rest of the trip she was pretty easy going about things.
  • She has now been to the Pacific coast. We went to an Oregon beach while we were there.
  • She sleeps through the night! (I hope I am not jinxing myself by writing that!)
  • She likes to watch her brother and sister. Occasionally she will smile for them. (I'm sure we will be seeing more smiles and giggles from her for Robby and Jenna very soon.)
  • She does have happy noises. They aren't quite giggles or laughter yet, but I am sure laughter is soon to come.
  • She definitely wants to be where the action is, and she is good at communicating that. I think sometimes she gets frustrated that she can't move herself where she wants to go independently.

No comments: